Life Lessons for all of us...


DAKOTA LESSONS

Life Lessons for all of us…

BE HAPPY FOR WHAT YOU DO HAVE

The kids I know have many toys.  I do not have as much as they do.  They make me feel bad because I do not have as much as they do.  That makes me feel sad.  It is not nice of those kids to make fun of me.  My Mom taught me to like the things I have.  My Mom taught me to take care of my toys.  She says that it does not matter what other people have.  I just need to be thankful for what I have.  I listen to my Mom, and I am thankful for what I have.  I take care of my toys.  I do not let other people make me feel bad.  I remember that there are many kids, in our world, that have less than I do. 

BEING MICHAEL…BEING DIFFERENT IS OKAY 

Michael acts different from other kids I know.  Some kids at school make fun of him and call him the “crazy kid”!  That does not seem to be nice.  Michael cries a lot at school when those kids do that.  Michael is a very special kid.  My Mom and Dad say that it is important to treat all people the same, even if they are a little different than you are.  Everyone is different and that is okay. 

TREAT OTHER KIDS THE WAY YOU WANT THEM TO TREAT YOU

A kid at school calls me names and tells me I am ugly.  It hurts my feelings when he does this to me.  Maybe I should just call him names back when he does this to me.  NO!  My parents say that I should treat other kids the way I want them to treat me.  When he calls me names, I should not call him names too.  I should just say “I do not like it when you make fun of me, so could you please stop doing that” and then walk away from him.  If he keeps calling me names, I should tell a teacher and tell my parents.  If I do not like to be called names, and made fun of, then I should not do that to other people.  

RUMORS ARE NOT A GOOD THING
Rumors are usually lies that one person tells about another person.  Rumors hurt people’s feelings.  A girl at my school tells other kids rumors about me.  These rumors are not true, and they are hurtful.  My Mom says you should never listen to or pass rumors to another person.  People spread rumors because they are jealous of another person and they want to hurt their feelings.  I asked my Mom why people like to do that.  She said, “I am not sure why some people do that, but it is not a nice thing to do.”  I listened to my Mom.  I will not get involved when I hear rumors, and I will not let it hurt my feelings. 

Comments

Popular Posts