is it a white or gray fence?

…I am someone who has always seen every side of every situation…and I mean every side. It tends to be frustrating because you give everyone the benefit of the doubt and tend to forget about yourself…sucks…but it is what it is. So when I was twenty something years of age I think I thought I was suppose to settle down and get married…I mean my parents have always been together and they were married very young. Isn’t that what we are suppose to do? …meet that knight in shining armor, get married, have kids, and play inside the white picket fence…? Right? …Wrong! Maybe in the 40’s and 50’s that was the way of life…but not now…things have changed significantly.

So you can say that I thought I was in love at one point and that is why I got married and had two beautiful children…but I wasn’t with my best friend and that was the mistake I made…that was NOT a mistake my parents made. I guess I just didn’t know that at age 24. Go figure…So maybe it isn’t the generation or the timing or anything like that…maybe it is just a life lesson that I had to learn later. Again…not sure…

Comments

Popular Posts