"Adults" Who Threaten Other Kids....

I am experiencing all kinds of new things this summer...some good and some bad and some very interesting...
Here is something to ponder...do you think it is right for another adult to threaten to smack someone else's kid?  And truly, it is because this adult cannot control the actions of her own child and cannot handle the behaviors of other kids.  So, even though the threatened child was only trying to protect herself and defend others, the "adult" decided that the best way to handle it was to lash out at that child...
What are your thoughts?
Oh, and do you think the parent of that threatened child should confront this "adult" about the threats that they made?
In my opinion, this topic shouldn't even be one to question or ponder...and I honestly cannot believe it even happens, but unfortunately it does and I am starting to think it happens more than I want to know about.
Maybe I grew up in some kind of fantasy world, but where did the respect go? And  who made the decision that the kids are "in charge" these days?
I don't get it....and that is all I have for now...

Comments

Amanda said…
Here are my thoughts... NO it is NOT OK for another adult to threaten ANY child. I would look at the level of interaction that the threatened child has with this "adult" if you can even call them that. Threatening someone else's child shows a total lack of respect for others and major control issues on his/her part. I think that if you feel that confronting them is appropriate, then you should. After all, this "adult" should learn a lesson of mutual respect.

Popular Posts