Comments on my Post about Defensive Parenting


This was a response I received back about my post on defensive parenting.  I thought it was very interesting, and I wanted to share it...please feel free to look back at that older post and comment.  For my research, I would love to hear your thoughts...


* I totally agree with you about being polite and civil.  Don't confuse political correctness for moral values and sound judgment.  And as Grandma always said, we should follow the Golden Rule. 
 
I believe that children should have routines, boundaries and consistency.   They also need to learn from an early age responsibilities for their age.  They should clean up after themselves and help out.  They should be encouraged to problem solve.
 
I'm glad you are doing all your research.  I hope that you will seek out good teachers and ask for their opinions.  Get in the trenches with them.  Often they are the last to be surveyed and yet they are the ones trying to educate the children. 
 
The teacher of today has tremendous challenges. One of the biggest challenges for the classroom teacher is discipline.  The teacher is under so much pressure to achieve results with kids running amok in the classroom.  Call in the parents and they are defensive and want to blame the school.  The teachers' and administrators' hands are tied in many instances.   Discipline is no longer politically correct.  

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts