Why are parents having lavish 5-10K birthday parties for their kids??!!

So, I was watching the news, and they talked about a parent who had given a 10K "Rock Star" birthday party for their kid!  Really!  I completely disagree, and I think that this is possibly part of what is wrong with our kids these days.  What happened to cake, ice cream, and pin the tail on the donkey?  Am I old fashioned?  I don't think so!  This child was so spoiled, and she kept saying I don't like this and I want that!  Really!  You are having a stupid 10K birthday party my Dear!!  But she doesn't know any different, because last year they probably went to Disney World to have a birthday party in Cinderella's castle!  Right??!!  This is really teaching our children to appreciate what they have and understand the value of a dollar!!??  No it doesn't!  This rock star birthday girl thinks this is normal life, and she will learn to expect only a rock star party!  So, what will she do when she goes to college, parents buy her a BMW, and then she has to find her own job!??  Then she can't find her own job, and cannot understand why now she has to shop at Walmart and live in a roach infested apartment.  That is until Mommy and Daddy come in for the rescue and pay to have her put up in a high-rise apartment and take her back to Bloomies!  As parents, we are responsible for teaching our kids about real life, and about what to expect, and how to appreciate what they have and work for what they want.  To the parents of the rock star bday child, I will say Good Luck...!  I hope it was worth it to show up your neighbors and have the best kid party this year.  Because, when you wake up and want to retire in Florida, you will still be supporting her...she won't know how to do anything different.  

Comments

Popular Posts