"She's Crazy!!!"

It has been quite a while since I have made a post to my blog. Been busy with the chaos of our world.
Needless to say the last 5 months of my life have been very eventful, to say the least. I racked up everything from letting people stay with us who needed a place to stay, my car was wrecked twice ( not by me), I had to forcefully kick someone out of my house who was, let's just say, less than honest...sigh...
And then started the beginning of all the teenage drama.  I love all of them - well most of them, but the parents who continually allow their sons or daughters to curse at adults when they don't get what they want and have no respect for authority are exhausting and ridiculous.
I never realized the kind of stress I must have put on my Mom when I was a teenager, but I deeply apologize to you Mom...apparently- I was not in my right mind.
But- I keep plugging along trying to figure out the best communication strategy.  I love my daughter more than anything, and I will never give up trying to figure out how to reach her, help her, and protect her during these tough times in her life.
Then- as the months dragged on, I had the pleasure of adding those "Mom's who think they do no wrong, or their child does no wrong, and or they think they were put on this earth to teach me and others a life-lesson"! Yea- those Moms. I have never claimed to be perfect, in fact,  some of those particular Mom's have said I am a crazy person and or don't live in reality...well ladies- the truth is - I just don't want to continually be interjected into your warped view of reality. The difference between me and some of these other folks is- at least I am self - aware and confident...where they, on the other hand, have a low self - image and praying on others, during their weakest times, is what makes them feel stronger and more in control....But- they really aren't. It's just a high they get, like a drug, and it only lasts a short time before you fall down again.
Between the summer craziness, people in and out of my house, teenage drama, and parents who think they are "Dr. Phil" there suddenly appeared a ray of sunshine who seemed to need help and guidance just like I did. I had not really laughed like that in a very long time.  I had not felt totally comfortable in my I own skin, until the moment that I stepped out of my comfort zone and onto the SMU green.
More to come later... -Amy

Comments

Popular Posts