Honor...Yourself...

Throughout my life I have had many "Aha!" moments.  You know what I mean, those moments when you think..."how did I not know this already?..."  "But- it is so simple...wow!"  Those moments...when suddenly your perspective on yourself, your life, is changed.
You knew, in the back of your mind, maybe your subconscious, that something wasn't "right" but you ignored it or thought it was just a phase.
It wasn't who you were or who you wanted to be, but you became a Chameleon and you seemed to change or adapt, ever so slightly, to the environment you were sitting in.
Maybe it was easier that way, it reduced the pain for a moment, or you thought you were protecting someone else.
But all along, you were simply running from the truth...you were born a yellowish-green Chameleon with light blue transparent eyes, but instead of honoring your colors you transformed to blue, brown, orange, and sometimes black.  Those weren't "your" colors, and deep down you knew you needed to find your way back.
The words I heard during my recent "Aha!" moment were so gracefully laid out...kind, caring, concerned.  And honestly not tough to hear, because I already knew, I just needed to be told.
So, thank you for opening my eyes and calming my spirit.  It is amazing how, sometimes, a brief conversation can resuscitate what you forgot to honor...yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts